To join a Zoom meeting for the first time:
Join by Computer
- Click the meeting link that has been emailed to you. Zoom will automatically begin downloading to your computer, although you may see a pop-up message first requesting your permission for the program to download. If a folder icon appears at the bottom left of your screen, you will need to click it to complete the download process.
- It is not necessary to set up a Zoom account to join a meeting.
- [In case you are prompted to set up a Zoom account, please note that it is not necessary to do so to join a meeting]. Once Zoom has launched, you will be asked for your name. Type in the name by which you wish to be identified during the meeting.
- You will be prompted to join the meeting with or without video. Select your choice. Then click on the button indicating “Join Audio by Computer”. You’re in!
Join by smartphone or tablet
- You will need to download the Zoom app ahead of time. You can do so via the Apple App Store or Google Play. (Type “Zoom” in the store’s search engine to route to the app).
- Follow steps 2-3 above.
Join by telephone
- Dial the phone number provided in the email sent to you.
- When prompted, dial the meeting ID number that is also provided in the email.
- You’re in! Your phone will be automatically muted on your end once the meeting starts. If you wish to be heard, press *6.
PLEASE NOTE: Meeting ID number and password will be emailed in advance of the meeting.