OPEN 8:15-11:45 AM SUNDAY MORNINGS (9:30-10:30 on Summer Sundays): Our experienced sitter staff invites all children under the age of four into our fully equipped nursery and playroom. Our classrooms meet all State requirements and we strive to maintain a safe and enriching environment for our youngest visitors. The staff is trained on church regulations and guidelines. Children 0 – 3 will meet in the Bear Classroom which is the corner classroom on the first floor.
CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES, 9:30-10:15 AM, September-May*
FOUR YEARS OLD - THIRD GRADE: Using the Spark Classroom curriculum, each lesson follows a four-part sequence: Gather, Open the Bible, Activate Faith and Send. Kids will learn at their level with a focus on hands-on learning. Children are divided into 2 groups, 4 yrs - kindergarten and 1st - 3rd grade. Throughout the year we will explore stories from the Old and New Testaments. These lessons help kids navigate the story and begin to compare what they learn to their own lives. Classes meet on the second floor of the church.
FOURTH AND FIFTH GRADE CHALLENGER CLASS: Children, by this age, are beginning to wonder what it means to be a Reformed Presbyterian and how what they have learned in Sunday school impacts their own lives. We will study who John Calvin is and how the Reformed Presbyterian Church was founded, the books of the Bible, Psalm 23 and the Lord's Prayer. The highlight of the semester is a weekend retreat to Tickfaw State Park November 19 - 21. The theme this year is Who is Jesus? And how do I follow him?
*DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE, at the early part of the 9:30 service, children in the 3rd grade and under are invited to Frampton Fellowship Hall for a lesson and fun activities.
FAMILY PRAY GROUND
Pray Ground is a special place that is designated for children where families with children of any age can experience worship together. Our Prayer Ground is located in Frampton Fellowship Hall where the 10:30 service is live-streamed to the large screen. There are toys, books, and puzzles provided to help kids stay engage and present.
Members of the Challenger Class (4th-5th grade) are invited to serve as Baptism Buddies. Serving other families in this way helps connect children to the Sacrament of Baptism in a personal and meaningful way.
• Meeting the Baptism family in the parlor about 10 minutes before the Sunday morning service.
• Signing a card (provided by Michele Murphy) to give the family that morning.
• During the service, at the time of the Baptism, coming forward with the sponsoring Elder and standing by the piano.
• Reading the questions for the children in the congregation (provided by Michele Murphy) and at the end, presenting the church's gifts to the family.
• Praying for the child throughout the year.
• Sending a card (provided by Michele Murphy with a reminder) at the first anniversary of the Baptism.